Sunday, November 13, 2011

A River Runs Through It


While traveling out to Bhunya the Lord kept putting on my heart “A River Runs Through It” and I asked, Lord, what is that all about? And He told me that that was what I was to call the women’s shelter. My first thought was, “Wow, I really like the name as it will be built alongside the river and the name is catchy.” Then I wondered, “there has to be something biblical here in this name He gave,” so I looked in my bible and the Lord gave me Psalm 46:4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells; I thought, “Amazing! As the city is called Enkazimulweni and it means “ The City of God’s Glory,” to which we have named this project and the village that the Lord will build there. I read the footnotes in my study bible and was surprised as the Lord had already revealed to us that we are to develop small micro-businesses for the villagers there and for the women that come to stay at the women’s shelter. We will do agriculture God’s Way and teach sewing skills to the women at the shelter. Anyhow, the footnotes read- Many great cities have rivers flowing through them, sustaining people’s lives by making agriculture possible and facilitating trade with other cities. Jerusalem had no river, but it had God who, like a river, sustained the people’s lives. As long as God lived among the people, the city was invincible.

No comments:

Post a Comment